Monday, September 20, 2010

September

Well, it has been a very very busy month, and I just haven't had time to update the blog as I had hoped. I'm going to try to get this quick post up before Sukkot.

Labor Day - Steven and I spent removing everything from the greenhouse and re-leveling the floor in preparation for using all the extra used quarry tile we had been given to cover the greenhouse floor. Once Steven gets it all laid out, he hopes to haul in sand to fill the cracks. However, gophers and moles are not making his life easy -- they keep burrowing under the green house floor and causing soft spots and raised areas. (have photos of this project when I get time to upload them)

We are needing rain quite badly.

We are anticipating our trip to Texas this week, and hope to also get a chance to meet some fellow bloggers during our drive. But so much to do to get prepared, and so little time!

Seckel pears are all gone, but picked quite a few of the full size (Dutchess or Bartlett, not sure which) yesterday to share with others. Was able to get quite a bit of the mowing done, but still not as much as I would like to. Wish I could get this tractor working again.

No comments: