Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday


Okay, this photo didn't turn out at all like I was hoping -- I will need to find a way to take a photo from up high looking down or something. (you can click on the photo to make it full screen).

This is from the north end of our property, looking back across our orchard area. Steven just finished burning much of it off yesterday (hard to tell in this pic, I know). You can see our one big matriarch pear tree there, which kind of anchors the northeast corner of our land. You should be able to see, in line with it, all the young fruit trees we have planted for four rows. But they don't show up well in this shot.

Tonight we go to the poultry auction. I'm looking for a replacement Cayuga drake; and Steven is hoping there might be turkeys and/or geese (I'm not big on the idea of getting a goose).

But it has turned off cold again, and will get colder -- we are amazingly expected to get several inches of snow tomorrow. Right when our fruit trees are beginning to bloom due to all the wonderful warm weather we've had the past couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Mel, Foxtail Farm said...

Ouch, I hope you don't get too severe a frost!

Good luck at the auction, and I hope you had a great birthday.